We have been talking about exploring personal traits as one way to begin choosing a career. One you begin to reach a decision, what then? Kathleen Schaefer offers that success lies not in looking outside for the perfect job, rather it is beginning the process with you and what you want to create so that when a good match shows up it is a mutual process of discovery and development of a work situation that suits everyone's needs. She lists seven areas of effort:
1. Identify your talents and skills.
2. Know what you are passionate about.
3. Determine what change you want to create.
4. Be able to describe what you are about in 30 seconds or less.
5. Communicate who you are to everyone you meet.
6. Find a way to do what you love, sooner than later.
7. Network with others.
Read more of Kathleen’s writing on this matter at http://informationanthology.net/CareerMentor/Careers-Created-By-People.html.